Sunday, March 15, 2009

Why can't I make up my mind?!

So since last monday I have totally changed my mind once again! I have scrapped my idea for brass & percussion ensemble, and have also decided against using Wilfred Owen's poem (maybe I will come back to this at another time but it isn't really what i want to do for this assignment) Now I am going to revert back to my original choice of concert band. I know time is really cutting close, but I am determined to do this!
When I am composing I find it really helpful to have something that can inspire, and direct me in the process. Coming up with an idea this time has been quite the challenge but I think I finally have something I can work with, which I will be explaining in class tomorrow.
I am finding this assignment particularly frustrating in comparison to the others, maybe its because of all the other work I have to do along with this course or the lack of time/ideas, either way i'm glad I at least have a direction now. Hopefully this one sticks!

-Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment