Sunday, March 29, 2009

Something new...again...

So after a lot of thought and frustration I decided that I didn't really have enough time to complete my concert band piece, edit it, and edit parts all in time for a concert band reading. So as much as I love the idea, I am going to be putting it on the back burner to do another piece for a chamber group that i am able complete to my satisfaction.
I picked a poem by E.E. Cummings "I carry your heart with me" and decided to compose for Tenor, Bass, Horn, Flute & Clarinet. It is turning out to be rather atonal but I really like what I have so far. Using vocals I know it will be easier to know where to end, but it is still a challenge as I am not composing for something other the a brass ensemble, which is my comfort zone.
I'll be presenting what I have tomorrow and I am hoping that it is acceptable!

-Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment