Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Finished!!!

So last friday I presented my "completed" piece for the class completely from beginning to end. I think it turned out pretty good, and I did receive a lot of helpful feedback from the theory interviewee Robert Rival. Some suggestions were:
-the blowing throught the instrument section is rhythmic, which was great but after a while it could be changed up to become less rhythmic. (this was a good idea so i did change it up a bit)
-consider what other materials/items could be used along with the crumpled paper, such as a maraca, a rain stick etc. (I also thought this was a good suggestion but because of time i opted to only go with the paper)
-The held C and C# in the tuba line can become redundant, so i changed it up to be more interesting
- I added another rip in the horn near the end so the one measure of it wouldn't seem so out of place
- The aleatoric section should be thinned out a bit so that the horn solo could be heard and the notation needed to be fixed (i fixed this section and am hoping that is now clearer)

I'm very pleased with how this piece turned out! Now onto project #2!

-Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment