Monday, April 6, 2009

The End

So today i presented for the last time! I had my piece almost completed, and when played was very well received by the class. This piece has come a long way in a short time. Some comments I received were:
-Consider giving the instruments more sustained notes
-switch up the repetitive sixteenth note figure in the flute line
-the time changes were great
-nice texture throughout
-interesting instrumentation that really seems to work very well together
I think all of these comments were great and definitely appreciated, i tried to incorporate some suggestions but because of a lack of time before the assignment is due i'll probably just keep these things in mind for future compositions!

I highly enjoyed being apart of the composition courses this year, it was a valuable learning experience which resulted in some pretty cool music!

-Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment